Monday, May 23, 2011

My Special Crayons

    Friends are like crayons.  They come in different hues and shades.  Each one represents a definite character.  Not all of them may be your favorite color, but every piece that you pick contributes a great role in completing an artwork, in completing the picture of yourself.

    On my first day in the UB-Loon Institute, the urge to create a good relationship with my peers kept on tugging me.  As months passed by, I have found friends but I simply added them up on my list of casual friends.

    It seemed to me that I haven't found yet the genuine friendship I've been seeking for.  Until the greatest twist happened on my junior year.  Jeber suggested that we combine into one big, fabulous group.  "Unsa kaha kung maghimo tag Fab Shushayiti?" Those were his exact words as we were sitting idly on our armchairs, doing chit chats while waiting for our next subject teacher to come in.  We were only six then---Jeber, Shammy, Bratty, Petter, Bhem2 and me.

    At the near end of the school year, Vhianny ran to our refuge.  She thought nobody in the class wanted her.  We helped her feel she was wrong, and from then on she became the jolly and lively Vivian she used to be.

    On our fourth year in high school, people think we're good-for-nothing brats who couldn't do anything else but show off.  We proved them wrong.  As a battle between groups started to heat up, we fought for our rights.  And through it all, Mhadcy was on our side.  She became one of us after that.  After filling in the last slot, we decided not to entertain joiners anymore.

    But there are those who wants to be in.  We did not add them up on our list, but we accepted their offered companionship.  They are Gan, labeled as the Fab-wannabe; Rudelyn, our Prend; and Joanne, Fab Society's  best friend.  From then on, many have been trying to get in and mingle.  But sorry, there would only be eight of us here since only eight letters make up the word FABULOUS.  Each of us represent a letter in the word with our true qualities.

Fame-holder Jeber
Anime-lover Shammy
Born-with-purpose Florrie
Undeniably sweetie Yhannie
Loveless lively Petter
Overly cute Bhem2
Unpredictably luscious Vhianny
Sassy, saucy Mhadcy

    Most people 'despise' our existence, like some of our classmates, schoolmates, and even some teachers because of our being over acting, noisemakers, and most of all, our trademark--kantiyaweros.  Sorry to piss them off, but we are just being ourselves.  People think we have done no good, because we only focus on fabulous stuff.  But beyond all those senseless matters, there are more about us that people haven't noticed yet.    We are happy with what we are doing and nobody can stop us from being so.  I never had any regrets in mingling with the fabbies.  When I am with them, I could always be myself.  I should not necessarily pretend I'm OK when I'm not, and pretend I'm mad when I can't.  Why should we be other people when we can be ourselves?

    It's funny how every relationship I had with each one of them started---Jeber, tugging my skirt during examinations and quizzes which made me really angry at him; Shammy, being the first one to notice me on our first day of school; Bratty, commenting on the way I covered my English book; Petter, trying to stay close to me after feeling a 'lukso ng dugo'; Bhem2, bragging me to tell her who my crush is; Vhianny, going to our house often; and Mhadcy, supporting me during the Classroom Officer Election.

    We may be of different characteristics and attitudes, but just a right blend for a perfect friendship.  They are my special crayons, and I didn't buy them from any store.  They are gifts given to me by God, and no money could equal their value.

the fabbies! with nikki john
(L to R standing: bhem2, mhadcy, petter, me, shammy, vhianny, jeber)
(L to R squatting: brat yhannie, nikki john [hindi 'to fabby.. nakikisawsaw lang. haha! :))]


'wackyness' with petter, shammy and prend the day after our cheer dance competition (parade)


joanne


prend, mhadcy and gan


moments with brat yhannie, bhem2 and shammy during our JS prom 2010



4 comments: